Sunday, 19 April 2015

Week 8

Week 8
In week 8 we covered the topic ‘Uses of Visual Social Media’. Different uses for visual media sites include academic, recreational, social, political and commercial. Examples of visual media sites are: Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest. Shane used Barack Obama’s social media campaign and the ‘ice-bucket challenge’ as examples of how visual social media has been used in the past. Shane also spoke about the dangers of this type of social media, in particular to do with our privacy online and the type of information we publish on the internet.

This weeks e-lab required us to set up and manage a flickr account. I found it interesting exploring a new social media site I had never been to before, the problem I had however is that I am already an avid Instagram user therefore I could not help but to compare the two sites, although they differ I still felt they had the same purpose. Having been on instagram a number of months therefore I was already in tune with how the site works so I automatically felt like I preferred instagram.

I also completed a part of my groups app, we finalised our idea and I was given the task of managing the development of the app, we agreed to meet once a week to focus on the progress of the app. Below is a screenshot of the blocks for the home page and information page of our paleo food and fitness app.

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment