Friday, 20 February 2015

Week 4


Week 4
Week 4 we learned about social bookmarking, which is the use of bookmarks to organise, share, manage and search for resources/ information online. Shane introduced us to social bookmarking sites such as pinterest, diigo, dig and reddit. We were also introduced to the wisdom of crowds theory which is where a group of people collectively make a correct decision, we carried out an experiment in-class to test the theory. Lastly, we discussed the tag cloud which is a stylized way of visually representing occurrences of words used to describe tags.

The lab session required us to set up a Pinterest and diigo account and to experiment with social bookmarking. I had never used either of these sites before so I was interested in trying them out, I particularly liked pinterest how it allows me to explore my interests and share these with my social group. Below is a screenshot of my pinterest board.



No comments:

Post a Comment