Week 3
Week 3 dealt with the topic of collaborative information generation. The objectives of this topic were to explore means of developing content collaboratively and to examine the advanages and disadvantages of user generated content. In preparation for class I read through the links provided which gave me a good background to the topic. I thought the article by Val Swisher was particularly beneficial and I also like how there was quite a good discussion in the comments section underneath. She explored the pros and cons of internal user generated content (IUSC) which is content generated within a company or organisation foe example. Val felt that conent would be more technically accurate, I can see what she means as it is written by those in-the -know rather than a specialised writer. Also, Val explored the theory that this leads to interesting conversations about each others content, providing more 'ways of thinking'.
I also completed the lab session for this week when we had to create a 'magic 8 ball' app, this allowed me to build on what I had learned in the previous week by adding an accelerometer and a random item list to the app.
Heres a screen grab of the app from my phone:
Here's a screen grab of my blocks for the magic8ball app:


No comments:
Post a Comment